JUST IN: Properties Destroyed As Fire Guts Warehouse in Popular Lagos Street

NEWS | BB9ja | Comedy/Jokes | Education | Artist Profile | Politics | Sports | Celebrities | Primewave Ads
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Posts
        Emerging reports have confirmed a major fire outbreak at a warehouse located at 118 Broad Street, CMS, in Lagos, the Nigerian Tribune reported. The fire incident was made known by the permanent secretary of the Lagos Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu.


        As gathered by Primewave.ng, the agency said it responded to the incident when it received an emergency call from residents of the area on Tuesday morning, June 28.

        He said:

        “On arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a room in a warehouse where shoes are stored was gutted by fire.’’

        As reported by Punch newspaper, the agency said the cause of the fire outbreak was a result of a power surge when electricity was restored. According to Oke-Osanyintolu, the fire outbreak the destruction of some properties while there was no casualty recorded.

        He said:

        “The fire ignited as a result of a power surge when electricity was restored.’’

        Fortunately there was no casualty in the incident. The agency’s response team alongside LRU fire, Lagos State fire service and Federal fire service are responders at the scene of the incident working together to put out the fire. Operation ongoing.” 


        • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Steve..
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.